A Night at the Museum, Bayou Teche Museum Gala
NEW IBERIA, La (press release) – The New Iberia Museum Foundation and First Horizon present A Night at the Museum – Party Like You Love the Museum! Thurs., Feb. 9, 2023 at 6:30 p.m. at the Bayou Teche Museum (131 E. Main St.), Donald “Doc” Voorhies Wing, Sliman Theater (129 E. Main St.) and a special tented area on Main Street.
Auction items this year include:
- A week in Florida at a prestigious 30A Resort home.
- A year of monthly double-date dinners.
- Dinner and overnight accommodations for 18 at the “new” Albania Plantation.
- A Chippendale Mahogany 4-Poster Bedstead.
- Fabulous original art pieces by Jerome Weber and Adrian Fulton.
- A Cypremort Point State Park stay and fishing trip, and more!
The auctioneer for the evening is Senator Fred Mills with help from our own, Taylor Barras. Raffle tickets will also be sold for your chance to win a Generator from Romero’s Power Sports.
Gala attendees will have the first peek at an exhibit assembled just for you called: New Iberia: Remember When – A Trip Down Memory Lane. More great news is that area restaurants are all back and serving up the dishes that have made them famous, and the wine and beer will flow freely, too.
Last year was a very productive year for the Bayou Teche Museum allowing them to make a lot of headway on transforming the adjacent Donald “Doc” Voorhies Wing and completing the design of the Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco Exhibit.
“The progress continues and we will maintain this growth and expansion thanks to the support of our generous community,” said Marica Patout, museum director.